This is a basic glossary recommended reading before starting reading the
- BRisa Project
- project under development at Laboratory of Embedded Systems and
Pervasive Computing, financed by INdT.
- a python upnp framework developed by the BRisa Project.
- brisa-applications or brisa-apps
- applications developed by the BRisa Project that uses python-brisa.
- also known as UPnP, short for universal plug and play, protocol defined
by the UPnP Forum. Documents can be found at http://www.upnp.org.
- for our purposes, when refering to a device, we will be refering to a UPnP
device, that is, an entity capable of joining the UPnP network (thus
capable of performing its role on the UPnP Architecture.
- for our purposes, a service should be considered an UPnP service, that
is, a service provider of actions. For example, a Content Directory
service provides a Browse action that enables others to browse through a
remote directory on the service location.
- control point
- an entity of the UPnP network capable of controlling devices
- the gears or engine that powers the framework. This can be simply put analogous as
a car engine - you can replace it by another one that provides the basic
functionalities your car requires. python-brisa provides some engine options
integrated with different frameworks, such as Gtk, Gobject, Qt, and so